Call for Abstracts
Abstract Notifications were sent to PRESENTING authors on June 23, 2015. If you are the presenting author of an abstract but did not receive the notification, please contact us at wclc2015-abstracts at icsevents.com.
|Abstract Submission Open||CLOSED|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||CLOSED|
|Author Notification of Acceptance||SENT June 23, 2015|
|Deadline for Abstract Changes||July 17, 2015|
|Presenting Author Registration Deadline||July 17, 2015|
|Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||August 1, 2015|
- Research work should be original and innovative. Work can be presented prior to the 16th WCLC, but must include new information/data
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically through the Conference website (Abstract submission is now closed)
- Abstracts will be accepted in English only
- Abstracts must not exceed 500 words in length (not including title and authors)
- The abstract title must not exceed 125 characters in length
- Tables may be included and each will count as 100 words
- A maximum of 2 images may be included; each will count as 100 words
- Abstracts must be structured with the following: Background, Methods, Results, Conclusion. Each section must be completed
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must be registered by July 17, 2015
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract
- There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts you may submit (however an individual may not be offered more than 2 oral presentations)
- An international panel of reviewers will review all abstracts anonymously
- All Abstracts accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (JTO) and the Conference website prior to the meeting and it is mandatory to agree to this at the time of submission
- Financial Disclosure information needs to be completed for EACH co-author at the time of submission through the online abstract submission form; however, information can be provided by the submitting author
Important Information regarding ACCME Regulations
Question: Can a commercial employee be listed as a co-author for an abstract?
- Yes, a commercial employee can be listed as a co-author.
Question: Can commercial employees present abstracts about their company’s product(s)?
- No, except in rare circumstances, this is not permitted. Under rare exceptions, a commercial employee who possesses unique expertise not available otherwise may be permitted to present. This exception requires a compelling justification and prior written approval by the WCLC 2015 Congress President. Special disclosures and appropriate monitoring by WCLC 2015 program leaders will be required.
Question: Guidelines for presentation content?
- Your presentation must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic drug names contributes to impartiality. Also, if your presentation includes trade names then trade names from several companies should be used where available, not just trade names from a single company.
Question: Is there a presentation slide template?
- Yes, the Conference will provide a template for presentation slides (download here).
- Authors must complete and submit a Disclosure Form prior to the presentation, and that disclosure form shall be complete and truthful to the best of the presenter’s knowledge. Authors are required to disclose any relevant financial relationship(s) involving themselves or their spouse/partner within the last 12 months with any proprietary entity producing health care goods or services (excluding non-profit or government organizations) related to the content of the activity. After you submit the completed disclosure form, it is your responsibility to inform IASLC if the status of your financial relationship changes prior to your presentation.
- Authors are required to prepare fair and balanced presentations that are objective and scientifically rigorous. The presentation will be educational, not promotional, based on the stated objectives of the program and the identified educational needs of the target audience. The presentation/ participation is intended to promote improvements or quality in healthcare and in the public’s best interest.
- Presentations that provide information whole or in part related to non-FDA approved uses for drug products and/or devices must clearly acknowledge the unlabeled indications or the investigational nature of their proposed uses to the audience. Presenters who plan to discuss non-FDA approved uses for drug products and/or devices must advise the accredited provider of their intent.
Use of Generic versus Trade Names.
- When applicable, presenters should use scientific or generic names when referring to products in their lectures and discuss a balanced view of therapeutic options. Should it be necessary to use a trade name, the trade names of all products should be used.
Commercial Supporter Influence.
- All support associated with a CME activity, whether in the form of an educational grant or not, must be given with the full knowledge and approval of the accredited provider. No other funds from a commercial source shall be paid to the director of the activity, faculty, or others involved with the supported activity. Presenters should not be subject to direct input from a commercial supporter regarding the content of the presentation.
Media and Embargo Policy
Abstracts will be made available online on Friday, August 21, 2015 at 4pm Pacific Time and in alignment with the release of the personal itinerary builder. Late-Breaking Abstracts and those abstracts scheduled for a press release will only have their titles and authors released on August 21, 2015 and the full abstracts will not be available until either presented at the WCLC 2015 or released during a press conference, whichever comes first. Once presented or released the full abstract will be available online.
Registrants will receive in their on-site registration material at the conference a USB drive containing the same material that was released on August 21, 2015.
All abstracts, including Late-Breaking and Press Release, will be published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology as a supplement following the conference.
For any inquiries, please contact wclc2015-abstracts at icsevents.com.