IASLC International Mentorship Program
The deadline to apply for the International Mentorship Program has now passed.
Due to the overwhelming interest, we are unfortunately not able to accept further applications. Notifications are expected to be available by July 10, 2015. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
About the Program
The International Mentorship Program is a professional development and education program for early-career physicians/researchers studying thoracic malignancies from economically-developing countries. The awardees are matched with well-established scientific and clinical mentors from within the hosting WCLC region and visit the mentor’s institution for approximately a week following the WCLC.
The award will cover all expenses including travel and accommodation expenses as well as registration fees for WCLC 2015.
Goal of the Program
Share information and ideas and teach skills that the awardee can pass along to his or her colleagues at their home intuitions. Establish communication and collaborative relationships between the mentor and mentee, and their respective institutions.
How to Apply for the IASLC International Mentorship Program
- The candidate must be the first author and presenter of the submitted abstract
- Abstract must be submitted on or before the submission deadline
April 15, 2015April 20, 2015 via the online abstract submission form
- Candidate must apply at the time of abstract submission and provide the outlined supporting materials via email to the Conference Secretariat at wclc2015-abstracts at icsevents.com
The deadline for submission of these documents is
April 15, 2015 April 20, 2015. Application materials received after April 15, 2015 April 20, 2015 or applications received without supporting materials cannot be considered.
- From an economically-developing nation as defined by the IASLC Membership Guidelines
- Less than 5 years since start of MD fellowship or PhD postdoctoral training or equivalent training based on home country
- Submitted an abstract to the WCLC
- Completed Application Form (WCLC2015 – IASLC International Mentorship Program – Application Form)
- Biographical Sketch
- Summary of scientific and clinical interests
- Copy of abstract submitted to WCLC
- Personal statement on goals and how this award will help reach those goals
- Two letters of recommendation
For any inquiries, please contact wclc2015-abstracts at icsevents.com.